What are User Tags?
Admins can create tags to help identify your team members by Role, Department, Location, etc. Then, you'll be able to search and filter by these tags when assigning your team members to Projects and Tasks.
Setting up User Tags
- To begin, create a tag list that describes a group of tags you will be assigning to users. For example, a tag list named 'Role' might contain various tags like Designer, Web Developer, Copy Writer, Project Manager, etc.
- Navigate to Account > Account Settings > Customize > Tags. Click +Add a tag list to name and create your list.
- Once you have created the tag list, click +Add a tag to this list to create the applicable tags. You can type multiple tags separated by comma and click Add to save.
Assigning User Tags
To assign user tags to individual users, follow the steps below.
- Navigate to Account > Account Settings > Users/Groups to find and select the applicable user record.
- Once you have opened the user record you would like to edit, you can simply check on or off the user tag(s) relevant to the user.
- Click Save to proceed.
Search by User Tag
When Assigning Resources to a task or project from the Project Dashboard, you can search the available resources by user tag to narrow your results.
- In the search box, begin typing the tag you'd like to use and it will appear. Select the tag to narrow your search.
- Once you have applied the tag to narrow your search, you will see it appear above the list of users. You can click the X to the right of the tag in order to remove the search filter.
Applying User Tags to Tasks
User Tags can also be applied to individual tasks in order to assist with assigning resources. When the tag is applied directly to the task, it will automatically filter the available resources. This is commonly used when the project member creating tasks is not the user who assigns the resources to each task.
- Select the appropriate task and scroll to the bottom of the task information pane.
- Click the edit icon next to Tags to apply a tag to the task.
- In the Select Tags modal, check off the box(es) that are applicable to the task and click OK.
- Now, when you click Resources & Workloads, the list of available team members will automatically be filtered by the applied tag.